Food & Beverage Distribution
Get a better understanding of your costs while streamlining tracking in a single system.
Regulations and Requirements for Food & Beverage
Recent regulations for food processors coupled with the need to manage and increase warehouse velocity and throughput is driving food and beverage companies to implement warehouse management systems.
The FDA has rolled out the Preventative Controls rule, part of the larger Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) legislation. The proposed regulation will affect food facilities that manufacture, process, pack and/or hold food products. Product traceability and responsiveness to product recalls are essentials for every food manufacturer.
Challenges for Food & Beverage
- Traceability: looking for ways to keep track of the freshness of their products from a food safety perspective and an efficiency perspective.
- Accuracy and Visibility: better visibility into the warehouse with a boost in order and shipment accuracy. Purchasing Assistant keeps stock as demand shifts.
- Management: track warehouse workers’ day-to-day activities, including the work they complete, and workforce’s performance.
- Modernization: Food and Beverage companies are hindered by manual and paper based processes.
- Inventory Control: Accurate inventory to reduce the need for full inventory counts, and allowing cycle counts without stopping fulfillment.
Key Benefits of QStock Inventory for Omni-Channel
How Does QStock Inventory Help?
Lot numbers enable the manufacturer to trace a product back through the production process to the source of the raw materials used in the finished product. In our example of tomato sauce, the lot number on the cases allow the manufacturer to determine which tomatoes where used and from which supplier. So in the case where a certain batch of tomatoes may have been contaminated, the manufacturer can recall only the lot numbers affected instead of a total recall.
Lot number is assigned when the food products are received in the warehouse. The lot number is being followed through the entire food process until the product is produced and sold.
In case of a recall the contaminated ingredient is tracked in what finished food products it was used where it’s located in the warehouse and who finally purchased it.
From Our Biggest Fans...
Schedule a Demo
Let us know what your biggest challenges are managing multiple sales channels today, and where you want to take your business. We will show you exactly how to bring everything into a single fulfillment and keep all of your systems on the same page.
Food & Beverage Features
Leverage dimensions and multi-entity reporting to bring all of your businesses under a single reporting engine.
Auto-Allocate and start picking just moments after customers place their orders to compete with Amazon.
Free your retail stores from ordering and drive replenishment from the distribution center for Just in Time Inventory.
Quickly get shipping information into ShipStation, and the Tracking Numbers pushed to all integrated systems.
How Can QStock Inventory Work In Your Business?
Sign up below to see how QStock Inventory can add visibility, traceability, and distribution workflows to your multiple Sales Channels.
What To Expect on the Call
We know you probably have a number of questions about other integrations and industries that QStock Inventory works with or maybe want to see a demo.
Here are the next steps:
- We want to answer your questions and understand your key initiatives.
- We will want to get an idea of the number of warehouses, items and entities.
- Go through your receiving and picking processes to see how you do things today and where you are trying to go.
- Learn about if Work Orders or Kitting is involved and to what degree.
- Plan a demonstration agenda together and schedule to show you how QStock Inventory will work in your business.